- Our School
- Teaching & Learning
- Expectations & Policies
- For Parents
- Contact us
- Excursion Notes
- Subscriber confirmation
above and beyond
At Freshwater Bay Primary School, we hold high expectations for our students’ behaviour. We want to encourage our students to go above and beyond our expectations for them – and their expectations of themselves. By supporting children to always ask, “How can I do better?” we focus on improving the behaviours, habits and actions of all students and in that way, we raise the standards of the whole school.
what do we expect?
We encourage students to live the school motto of “wisdom, respect and courage” in pursuit of excellence and to take responsibility for their actions through the acceptance and understanding of consequences. Our school rules have been developed to deliver the best possible outcomes for students, recognizing the close relationship between learning, achievement and behaviour. Our school community uses the rules as a basis for providing:
- positive support to promote high standards of achievement and behaviour
- clearly articulated responses and consequences for inappropriate behaviour
structure to support expectations
The school has structures in place to support continual improvement in student behaviour. These include:
- A focus on positives. All staff are committed to encouraging, supporting and nurturing the behaviours we want students to demonstrate.
- Superstars. Students earn Superstars for positive behaviours. These are counted as points for their house and are given out freely and often to reward positive behaviour.
- Student Passports. Students from Year 1 to 6 are issued a Passport. Like a real passport, these allow (or disallow) access to a series of “Passport Events” run at Freshwater Bay.
For further information on our behaviour policy, school rules and systems, please refer to: